Sunday, February 15, 2009

Orientation 2009

JJ ORIENTATION 2009 is over.. J1s.. I just wanna say sry to all of you.. but I really hope that we made and impact in your lives.. and you guys wld have learn and grow.. JJ.. we are ONE big family..

The only feeling that I have.. is only guilt, shame and anger..

09 OGLs.. have we tried our best? Yes we did.. but have we done our best.. I would say no.. not as a team.. If we don't feel this.. we most probably don't know the kind of standard 08 leaders(our seniors) have.. and we are the kind of person that only looks on the surface.. we are superficial..

Still remember how my orientation was like..during 2008.. it was amazing.. I was pretty much amazed.. pretty much touched..and pretty much happy.. that I came to JJ for the 'First three months' I was running around playing wet games thinking that this college.. is only 1 family.. and we dint compete for prize.. we dint run for beating each other.. we dint win just for winning..we didn't cheer because we have to.. we did all those because we WANT to.. and not because we have to..

Things such as JJ being a ONE big family have change..
Things that disheartened me alot

I see the 4 families(houses) of J1s jeering at each other just because another family is winning..recalling back.. did we jeer when other teams win..no.. we cheered.. but it isn't the J1s to be blamed.. it is us.. OGLs.. what have we done.. or rather.. what have we not done.. OGLs.. we are pretty much pampered..

At the last day of camp.. nobody was reluctant to go off..almost everyone can't wait to go off.. I still remember that my orientation.. when everyone was dismissed.. we dint wanna go.. we continued cheering..and cheering and cheering.. like its the last day of our lives.. we don't wanna go.. we won't wanna leave our OGLs..

Is the number really a factor.. yes..70 OGLs : 800 Campers, which means an average of 2 OGLs : 1 Camper.. but the lesser number we have.. the more we shld gave our best.. right?..

I'm not even fit to be a JJ leader.. Fang Jie, Hui Li, Aaron, Jonathan..and all the 08 OGLs for O1 I just wanna say sorry.. I've failed you guys.. I didn't carry on the kind of culture and things that you taught me.. I was'nt able to.. I did'nt inculcate the kind of spirit and culture to the J1s.. I didn't

I shall not mention the anger part.. becoz I dun wanna push blame.. I feel tat it is up to us.. all the individuals including myself.. to make this camp a Fantastic one or not..

Tears flow down my face.. at the last day of the Camp..

To Simon and all the teachers in JJ.. and especially our Principal Mr Koh.. I'm sorry.. that I've let you all down..the greatest punishment is that you all still gave in and did not scold me..

Lets take a look at 08 orientation

Till then.. changes changed everything